Welcome to the English page on my website!
As I translate mainly from English to Dutch, my portfolio of translations is also written in Dutch, since it's meant to interest potential Dutch publishers and other companies to hire me as a freelancer. It includes book descriptions that include the original English title, so you are always able to track the original book down on the internet should you want to know more about its contents.
From my time as an editor (both editor-in-chief and copy editor, and basically many more variations on the theme as well), and the time since I've started Creative Difference, my portfolio also includes a sampling of articles and various other translations, also in Dutch.
The navigation pane to the left takes you to:
- Vertalingen: Fictie, which is my collection of translated fiction
- Vertalingen: Divers, which features samples from translations for websites, brochures, product sheets, articles for (trade) magazines and even entire magazines I've translated for the printing industry
- Artikelen is of course the place where you can view samples of articles I've written for various magazines, such as for the trade magazines for multimedia retail (Digitailing), for the printing industry (Compres, Pers, Print Buyer) and others
- Magazines contains a quick overview of several of the magazines I've worked on, either as a translator, an editor or editor-in-chief
- Publicaties features various publications, mainly my essay on Anne Rice's Postmodern Vampire, which is included in a scholarly collection of essays, based on a conference.
Below that category I intend to add a blog on writing, books, reading, life and some such. These will very likely be in English too, although I have to get to writing them first.
In the navigation bar where you've found this link to the English Page, there are also links to my resume, a little bit About Me and to my social media accounts.